A gay man escapes Death in UK

 Gay man almost beaten to death for

wearing girl's jacket' after moving to new

city that he thought supported gay rights


An unassuming young gay man wster in

the UK thinking the city supported gay

rights and was 'inclusive' was almost

killed in a homophobic attack.

Morgan Fevre, 22, ended up with a bleed

on the brain and a severely fractured eye

socket and cheekbone following the

attack in the early hours of April 10

Before the attack, Morgan was a support

worker for adults with learning difficulties

and moved to Manchester from the small

market town of Retford, Nottinghamshire,

for work more than a year ago.

Reacting to the homophobic crime, his

father Paul Fevre said: The man said to

him Why are you wearing a girl's jacket

you f*king f*g?"

That's the last that he remembers. In

2022, that people are called these names

and these things happen to them - it is

absolutely horrendous.

Police confirmed the incident happened in

Chinatown at 1.35am and it was a

homophobically aggravated assault

An eye witness, Paul, 53, from Retford,

Nottinghamshire, said Morgan had been

out in Manchester city centre with friends.

Paul says he believes Morgan's attacker

first asked Morgan for a cigarette before

attacking him.

He said: The man said to him "why are

you wearing a girl's jacket, you f*king f*g

Paul added: Morgan has gone to

Manchester thinking it's great - you can

go out and be who you are.

Then this happens. This has knocked him

back, but we are all here for him. Without

a shadow of a doubt, one of the reasons

he came to Manchester was because of

the city's inclusiveness.

Morgan, who lives with his partner Elliot

Lyte in Didsbury, was taken to

Manchester Royal Infirmary by ambulance

at around 2.15am.

Morgan's boyfriend, Elliot, 30, said he was

last seen walking from a pub.

He sent his last text message to a friend

at 1.30am,' said Elliot, who believes

Morgan may have been followed by the

man who attacked him.

Morgan was transferred to Salford Royal

Hospital for emergency surgery to save

his life.

He also had three broken teeth and a

badly broken nose, which was fractured in

four places.

More than 40 staples that doctors used

following Morgan's emergency

craniotomy have been removed and he

was discharged on Wednesday evening,

April 21.

Elliot added: In a country of progression

and in a city which has somewhere called

the Gay Village, that this can happen, and

these words said, is baffling and


Morgan is doing well, but this will leave

lasting scars both physically and mentally.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post